Workplace violence is any act or threat of physical violence, harassment, intimidation, or other threatening disruptive behavior that occurs at the work site. It ranges from threats and verbal abuse to physical assaults and even homicide.
Who is at risk of workplace violence?
Nearly 2 million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence each year. Unfortunately, many more cases go unreported. Research has identified factors that may increase the risk of violence for some workers at certain worksites. Such factors include exchanging money with the public and working with volatile, unstable people.
Workplace Violence Awareness Course – 1 hr – Price: $20.00
This mobile compatible training course instructs about the problems of violence in the workplace. It identifies the various kinds of violence and what constitutes workplace violence. The course goes on to explain the potential costs of ignoring workplace violence and the methods that can be utilized to minimize and/or eliminate it from the workplace.
Workplace Violence Prevention training teaches employees how to recognize, report and defuse situations — involving tense coworkers, employees or third-parties — before they erupt into workplace violence. This course equips your employees with vital knowledge that could save lives in your workplace.
Hours: 1 hour
- Differentiate between the various types of workplace violence.
- Discuss the different manifestations of violence.
- Covers early warning signs and how to intervene.
- Define the effects of workplace violence on the victim, co-workers, and the organization.
- Summarize the various methods that can be used to minimize and prevent workplace violence.
- Trains employees to prevent workplace violence before it occurs.
- State what a Workplace Violence Prevention Program is, and how it can be developed and implemented.
- Defines key words such as Inappropriate Workplace Aggression, Bullying, Unlawful Harassment and Zero-Tolerance