The OSHA Outreach 10hr online training course is the primary method for instructing construction workers in the basics of occupational safety and health and preparing them for the hazards of accidents and injuries on the construction jobsite.
OSHA Outreach 10 hour training fulfills standards as required by OSHA regulations 29 CFR 1926 (Construction).
Many public and private contractors, project owners, and government agencies throughout the U.S. require workers to have completed an OSHA-Accepted Outreach 10-hour construction training course to become eligible to work on the construction site. So increase your employment chances and get your OSHA Construction DOL Card today!
OSHA 10-hour students will receive a DOL Wallet card within 6-8 weeks of successfully completed the course. For more information on the OSHA Outreach 30hr training course – click here.
OSHA Outreach Training Overview
OSHA 10 Hour Outreach Training – Construction
The OSHA Outreach 10 Hour Training Course provides basic instruction on OSHA regulations and requirements as they apply to 29 CFR 1926 (Construction). This course provides an entry level construction worker with a general awareness to recognizing and preventing hazards on a construction site.
Audience: All Construction Industry Employees: Workers, Foremen, Job Supervisors, Site Inspectors, Workers on publicly-funded projects.
States with 10hr Mandatory Requirements: (See Details – PDF)
- Connecticut (requirement specific to certain kinds of job sites)
- Massachusetts (effective 2004)
- Missouri (effective August 28, 2009)
- Nevada (effective January 1, 2010)
- New Hampshire (requirement specific to certain kinds of job sites)
- New York (effective July 1, 2008)
- Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania (requirement specific to certain kinds of job sites)
- Rhode Island (requirement specific to certain kinds of job sites)
- West Virginia (requirement specific to certain kinds of job sites)
Credit Hours: 10 hours
- Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C.
- State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the functions of OSHA.
- Explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA.
- List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Module 1: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Module 2: General safety and Health Provisions (OSHA 1926 Subpart C)
- Module 3A: Health Hazards: Hazard Communication (29 CFR 1910.1200)
- Module 3B: Health Hazards: Hazardous Materials (OSHA 1926 Subpart D)
- Module 4: Cranes and Rigging (OSHA 1926 Subpart CC)
- Module 5: Focus Four: Electrical Safety (OSHA 1926 Subpart K)
- Module 6: Struck-By and Caught in Between
- Module 7: Fall Protection (OSHA 1926 Subpart M)
- Module 8: Personal Protective Equipment (OSHA 1926 Subpart E)
- Module 9: Hand and Power Tools (OSHA 1926 Subpart I)
- Module 10: Scaffolds (OSHA 1926 Subpart L)
- Module 11: Stairways and Ladders (OSHA 1926 Subpart X)
- Final Exam
Subject Matter Expert
Our OSHA Outreach training courses are accepted by OSHA and powered by 360training.com.
Outreach Trainer – Matt Luman – OSHAtrainer@360training.com
Matt Luman is our OSHA Instructor of Record at 360Training.com. He is an OSHA-authorized Outreach Trainer for General Industry and Construction, and a PEC Core Compliance Instructor for the Oil and Gas Industry. Matt has many years of experience across multiple industry sectors including petrochemical, water, and clean-up operations, working as a trainer and mentor. He also has created auditing programs, standard operating procedures, and training curriculum for major corporations.
Module Quizzes and Final Exam
At the end of each module, you will be given a 10 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course.
You will be given up to three tries to pass each module quiz. Failure to successfully pass a quiz will result in being locked out of the course and not allowed to continue.
Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this exam and complete the course.
You will be given up to three opportunities to pass the final exam. If you do not pass after three tries, you will be locked out of this course will no longer be able to take the course.
Course Completion Certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, a temporary printable certificate will be made available. Passing participants will receive a OSHA/DOL Outreach Construction Card within 4-6 weeks.*
Upon enrollment in the OSHA 10-hour Construction Outreach Training course, you will have 6 months from the time you start to complete it – in order to receive credit. After 6 months, your account will expire and you will be required to purchase the course again.
*Note: In order to receive your OSHA/DOL Construction wallet card, you must complete the survey at the end of the course.
Keywords: employee safety,occupational health and safety,OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration),OSHA 10 hour construction safety course,OSHA 30 hour construction safety,OSHA 30-hour general industry course,OSHA training,safety training,safety training programs,training,workplace health and safety,training activities,employee training,OSHA trainers,OSHA 10 hour general industry safety course.
Free PDF Study Guide
The course also includes a free OSHA Construction Industry Study Guide! This PDF Study Guide will assist you to pass the final exam and receive your DOL wallet card. This guide is a great supplement to the OSHA Construction Industry Outreach Course and can help as a great quick reference guide for the future.
You will also find supplementary materials available for download by clicking the “Materials” tab on the menu located within the course player. Other reference materials are available from the OSHA website – please visit http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/.
Free HazCom & GHS – Supplemental Course
A free Hazard Communication Standard (HazCom) and Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Chemical Classification and Labeling course is included with registration of any OSHA Outreach course. The revised Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) took effect May 25, 2012 and OSHA requires training regarding chemical hazards in the workplace. OSHA states employees throughout the U.S. needed to have completed GHS-HAZCom training by December 1, 2013 to be in compliance with new GHS standards.
In this course, you will learn about the HazCom (Hazardous Communication) Standard and the new Globally Harmonized System (GHS), and how to use Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and chemical labels to protect yourself from hazards or react to chemical exposures.
OSHA Safety Resources
You will find supplementary materials available for download by clicking the “Materials” tab on the menu located within the course player. Other reference materials are available from the OSHA website – please visit http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/.
- OSHA Outreach Trainer – Matt Luman – OSHAtrainer@360training.com
- General Industry OSHA Regulations – OSHA 29 CFR – Part 1910
- Construction OSHA Regulations – OSHA 29 CFR – Part 1926
Are you OSHA Approved and are your courses compliant and approved?
OSHA does not approve or endorse products and therefore a course cannot be OSHA approved. OSHA only authorizes or accepts training providers. We offer an OSHA accepted program provided by 360training.com, an OSHA accepted provider.
OSHA does not approve or endorse products and therefore a course cannot be OSHA approved. OSHA only authorizes or accepts training providers. OSHA.com’s 10 and 30 hour OSHA Outreach Training courses are OSHA compliant, meet the OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and OSHA 29 CFR 1926 requirements
What are OSHA’s rules for online training?
For OSHA 10-hour/30-hour Outreach training programs, students must:
- Spend at least 600 minutes in a 10-hour training course and 1800 minutes in a 30-hour course.
- Complete a survey evaluating the course upon completion.
- Complete all course work (including survey) within three months for the 10-hour Outreach courses from the starting date.
- Complete all course work (including survey) within six months for the 30-hour Outreach courses from the starting date.
- Start the course within 12 months of registration.
- Pass all quizzes and the final exam with a score of 70% in three attempts or less.
Is there a time restriction on completing the OSHA 10-Hour and 30-Hour Outreach Courses?
Yes. You must complete the course within three months of the day you began the 10-hour courses. You must complete the course within six months of the day you began the 30-hour courses. You must begin your course within 12 months of registration.
Who should take a 10-hour or 30-hour safety training course?
The 10-hour course is intended for entry level workers. The 30-hour program is for workers with some safety responsibility.
What is covered in the 10-hour and 30-hour safety training courses?
The 10-hour safety training courses provide basic awareness training on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of workplace hazards. The course also provides information regarding workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and filing a complaint.
The 30-hour safety training courses provide a greater depth and variety of training on an expanded list of topics associated with workplace hazards in each industry. OSHA provides authorized trainers procedures for each industry program on the topic outlines for each industry.
Meets Latest OSHA Standards
The OSHA Outreach 10 hour Construction training course provides basic instruction on OSHA standards as required by 29 CFR 1926 (Construction).
OSHA Outreach Courses are provided in partnership with OSHA Accepted Provider 360training.com. Outreach Trainer – Matt Luman – OSHAtrainer@360training.com
- OSHA Accepted Provider
- Meets Latest OSHA Standards
- Download certificate of completion
- DOL/OSHA Card within 4-6 weeks
- Auto-bookmarking never lose place
- 100% Online – 24×7 Support
- Money Back Guarantee
OSHA 10 Hour Outreach Training
Construction (with Free Study Guide)
$89.00 Sale $79.00
OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Training
Construction (with Free Study Guide)
$189.00 Sale $169.00
24×7 Customer Support
Search the knowledge base, submit a support ticket, troubleshoot issues, recover passwords, chat, e-mail or call the customer support desk. We look forward to helping you.
Find support for any course – click here.
Phone: (877) 881-2235
OSHA Training Group Discounts
Get up to a 40% group discount! Enroll and train all your food safety employees with a group enrollment. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners using a cloud-based platform. More Info
Key OSHA Outreach Terms: OSHA 10-hour Construction Course, OSHA 10 Hour Construction Training, OSHA 10hr Construction, OSHA 10hour Construction course, OSHA 10, OSHA 10hr Certification, Construction DOL Card, OSHA DOL Card, 29 CFR 1926.